Contributing to virtstrap
In order to provide for the an easy setup for the user, virtstrap has been
split into 3 different packages. That are all combined into a single
- virtstrap - This is the main package that users see. It provides the
console script vstrap which is the main interface to anything virtstrap
related. It also contains the commands that can be used without the presence
of a project.
- virtstrap-core - This is the core of all of the virtstrap logic. The
majority of virtstrap’s code is contained in this core package. It is also a
dependency for the other two packages.
- virtstrap-local - This package contains any commands that can only be used
within a project and not throughout the system.
To start contributing to virtstrap is pretty simple. First, fork the
repository on github. Once you’ve
done that do the following:
$ make develop
$ source quickactivate.sh
Now you’ll be in a virtualenv made for virtstrap.
The virtstrap repository contains a Makefile that has the following commands:
- develop - Setup the development environment using an old version of
- testall - Runs all of the tests in all the packages
- supportfiles - Builds the support files and places them into the
virtstrap_support folder inside the virtstrap package.
- install - Installs virtstrap and virtstrap-core
- install-develop - Installs virtstrap and virtstrap-core as
development versions (they’re editable)